Un-Common Theatre Company COVID-19 Protocols: Effective Until Further Notice
The number one priority of The Un-Common Theatre Company has been and always will be the health and safety of those involved with our organization and that remains true as we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. Un-Common follows current health and safety guidelines as recommended by the CDC, state and local government.
In our ongoing effort to reduce COVID-19 transmission and to keep everyone as safe as possible, all Un-Common Theatre staff, volunteers and cast members aged 12 and over are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All eligible students (those age 12 and over), as well as staff and volunteers must show proof of full vaccination in order to participate. At this time we are masking during rehearsals, but will continually monitor guidance and update our policies as needed. We will be taking this season one show at a time and appreciate everyone’s flexibility if/when we have to make changes and pivot along the way.
These policies will remain in effect until further notice; however, these policies and procedures may be subject to change without notice as federal, state and local guidance is updated.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID-19 Test Result:
All guests aged 12 and over attending events at Un-Common Theatre and Improv Soup Performance Venues (the Marilyn Rodman Performing Arts Center and MockingBird Music) MUST show either proof of being fully vaccinated (fully vaccinated is defined as at least 14 days after either a two-dose or a one-dose FDA or WHO authorized COVID-19 vaccine) OR written or digital proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken as follows:
- A COVID-19 antigen test (rapid test) within 6 hours of curtain time.
- A COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours of the curtain time.
- At home tests will not be accepted.
Guests may display proof on a smartphone or present a physical copy. In addition to proof of vaccination, all guests 18 years or older must also present a government-issued photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport. Guests younger than 18 may use a government-issued photo ID or a school photo ID. Guests under 12 must be accompanied by an adult who meets the above requirements.
All guests, regardless of vaccination status, MUST wear masks over their nose and mouth at all times while inside the Performance Venues. The mask may be adjusted or removed temporarily while actively eating and/or drinking, but must be worn at all other times while inside the venues. All masks must comply with the CDC guidelines for acceptable face coverings.
Visitor Health Certification:
By entering our Performance Venues, guests are acknowledging that all of the statements below are true the day they visit the Performance Venues:
- I have not tested positive for COVID-19 through a diagnostic test in the past ten (10) days.
- I am not experiencing and have not recently experienced (within the last 48 hours) any new or worsening symptoms of COVID-19.
- I have not had close contact or proximate contact with any person(s) confirmed with a diagnostic test or suspected based on symptoms to have COVID-19 within the past ten (10) days.
If any of the above statements are NOT true, guests should not come to the Performance Venue and instead contact the Box Office to refund or exchange their tickets.
Performers’ Vaccination Status and Masking Policy:
- ELF: All Elf cast and crew members age 12 and over have been fully vaccinated. In addition, all cast members will be tested each performance day by a COVID-19 antigen test within 6 hours of curtain time. The only time that the cast will be unmasked is when they are on stage. Masks will be put on immediately after exiting the stage.
- Improv Soup: All Improv Soup cast and crew members have been fully vaccinated. In addition, all cast members will perform in masks.